Monday, November 29, 2010

STRES$



I got the pleasure to interview STRES$ and this is what he had to share with us....

First of all, thank you for the opportunity and opening the doors to us and our readers to get to know you a lil better and get familiar with your work and your talent.....
When did you start having interest in the entertainment business? How did you start?  I started having an interest in entertainment when my love for music finally spilled over into a recording studio. At the time I would just record a few freestyles until the CEO of the studio thought I could do it professionally. He then inked me to the (at the time) independent label “AKONO ENT” and that’s where my career started.


Where your artist name came from? And what does it stands for? It actually came from a basketball tournament. My teammates said dude guarding me looked stressed so they called me stress 1 because that was my number and after the tourney the 1 dropped and stress stuck…I added the dollar sign as a metaphor to always chase money thus Stres$

Is my understanding that you write your own lyrics, what inspires you and what kind of message you trying to transmit? Life inspires me the world is limitless and so is the human brain I really don’t have a particular message I just want to prove I can show my talent while entertaining my audience without dumbing it down. I try to bring the  essence of lyricism back to hip hop which I think is strongly lacking now a days

From all your songs so far... Which one you identify yourself the most? And Why?
I have several actually I have a record called so gone and a freestyle over the kanye west beat say you will where I touch on a lot of personal feelings such as never knowing a father or being stressed over life’s situation and some times feeling suicidal not literally   just to show the severity of life’s ups and downs. So I would say those two records  




What is your opinion in a lot of the "mainstream" music that we listening to right now on the radio that a lot of times is full of non-sense and empty lyrics...
I think the game is a cycle…and unfortunately we’re in the cycle of hooks and beats so the lyrics are poor but its refreshing to see  new artist like Drake and J. Cole to start the wave of lyrical artist . Its sad of who dictates what’s hot when it comes to mainstream but whoever is in control is doing a poor job  just my opinion thank God for the artist who have substance and creativity , enough to create their own lane and not give in to “mainstream” music

What Mainstream Artist you look up to or inspire you?
I look up to Jayz who in my mind Is the greatest of all time  also look up to others such as Rick Ross, Kanye, Fabulous and Lil Wayne Artist who are innovative lyrical and creative  

Now back to you... What is your most recent single?
I haven’t released an OFFICIAL single yet but the record I leaked was “Louie Shades” produced by Justice League.
Which due to paper work I wasn’t able to push it officially. The next single that will be released by me you will definitely hear about it shortly ….

Any upcoming projects or shows that we should be looking forward to?
Im in the lab currently as we speak working on records for my next project “blood on my notepad”
Stay tuned for new music,videos and shows etc   coming to you real soon

If one of our readers want to read more about you or want more information what sites they can go to or who the would contact? For all inquiries on me you can contact my manager @topknotch_diva by email at topknotchmgmt@gmail.com or calling her at 888-906-8806 ext 5 or follow me on twitter @stressgotbars and you will be able to hit me up directly and get all information.

Before we close this interview... Thank you again for the opportunity and any shout outs or any other information that you would wanna share with us? First and foremost thanks you guys for having me. Secondly I wanna shout out my city Miami dade county  my 4 horsemen team my management and everybody who loves and support me!  Da kid Stres$ signing out live life and God bless


Can't get enough STRES$ then visit;

2 comments:

  1. http://modelsandmoguls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 38HOTRecords Presents Big Blas "Money Never Sleeps"hosted by DJ Killa K Download ... http://tmi.me/5l9WR

    ReplyDelete